We are looking for motivated recent college grads who are interested in gaining experience in the editorial industry. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic team of editors, event managers, marketers, customer service, and conference production professionals.
- Working with editorial operations to pull together content for onsite materials (Program Guides, Conference CDs, Conference signage)
- Proofing conference materials and Web sites against databases
- Would need to be detail oriented and be able to notice inconsistencies throughout various data sources
- Editing conference slides for grammar, spelling, style, accuracy, consistency and content
- Juggling multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time and resources to meet strict deadlines
- Communicating issues and concerns with content editors and conference producers regularly in order to produce materials that achieve WIS editorial and quality standards
- Overseeing the reproduction of Powerpoint presentations to CDs
- Working as part of a team on site at conferences.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 1-2 years experience in editing, journalism, or publishing
- Proofreading capability, preferably in a technical subject matter
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Superior detail orientation, with a tenacious approach to solving problems
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with web content, social media and desktop publishing
- Strong desire to take your career to the next level
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, or related field
At WIS, you'll be working with great people; and if you're like the majority of them, this will be the best place you've worked, and you'll stay for a long time.
In exchange for your skills and talents, we offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive menu of benefits including: Harvard Pilgrim health, dental coverage, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401(k) and more. Also, our employees enjoy free, fresh bagels every Wednesday morning, and all the free gourmet coffee, soda and snacks they need every day!
In exchange for your skills and talents, we offer a competitive compensation package,
a menu of benefits including Harvard Pilgrim Health, dental coverage, life insurance,
a 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. We also offer free, fresh
bagels every Wednesday morning, and all the coffee, soda, fruit and candy you can
To learn more about us, visit us at www.WISpubs.com. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter explaining why you’re with the one for us, along with your resume.
Please note: resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Apply Now »