Are you a talented communicator with digital savvy and a strong desire to grow professionally? If yes, we should meet.
Our SAP publications team is looking for a versatile editor/writer who enjoys “wearing many hats” — such as marketer, project manager, interviewer, and client consultant — to develop compelling content for our online, print, and mobile editorial channels.
As our new Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Writing and editing articles, case studies, blogs, abstracts, subject lines, press releases, and white papers that appeal to business and IT professionals
- Quickly ramping up your understanding of SAP technology
- Identifying articles, topics, and themes of interest to our audience
- Scheduling, promoting, and moderating online Q&A discussions
- Developing content collaboratively with clients and subject matter experts
- Conducting interviews with business and IT executives via telephone and in-person to produce quality articles and podcast and video content
- Applying SEO best practices to the creation of all web content
- Adapting quickly to content requests and suggestions from external stakeholders
- Fostering positive working relationships with internal and external contacts
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for developing compelling, high-quality content!
- At least 2 years of professional experience in editing, journalism, or digital publishing, ideally at a technology-focused firm
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- The ability to quickly absorb and understand technical information
- Superior editing skills, with a keen eye for flaws in logic and structure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong background in social media and knowledge of SEO best practices
- An innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- A “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or related field
In exchange for your skills and talents, we offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive menu of benefits including: Harvard Pilgrim health insurance, dental coverage, vision, FSA, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more. Our employees enjoy fresh bagels every Wednesday morning, as well as all the coffee, fruit, snacks, and candy they can eat every day.
More importantly, you’ll become a key player on a smart, savvy editorial team at a rapidly growing, high-energy publishing company. You’ll have tremendous long-term growth potential and will be surrounded by great people. If you’re like the majority of them, this will be the best place you’ve ever worked, and you’ll stay for a long time.
Intrigued? Want to join our team? Send your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter explaining why you’re “the one” for our SAP publications team.
EOE. We are only able to respond to those applicants invited to interview.